Svärd i Göteborg

Här presenteras grupper och personer verksamma på forumet.

Svärd i Göteborg

Inläggav Refiqul » 2 september 2008, 13:34

Hej söker efter en el någon grupp som praktiserar medeltida svärdsfäktning i göteborgsområdet.

Har själv praktiserat några år men efter flytt mm så har det varit svårt att bibehålla jämn kontakt med forna svärdsfränder.
Så nu söker jag efter folk i göteborg.

H Thomas
Refiqul

Inläggav Martin Wallgren » 2 september 2008, 14:29

Du har GHFS ww.ghfs.se där!
Martin Wallgren

Inläggav NeverMind19591 » 3 september 2008, 06:54

hej,

I just moved from Austria to Göteborg and so I'm also looking for a swordfightinggroup.

In AUtria I was in a club, where all kind of people(beginners-professionals) met and trained together.

GHFS is a 'fäktskola', but I'd like something akin to the club I visited in Austria

I hope there is something like that in Göteborg!!!!

thx & cu
NeverMind19591

Inläggav Grimnir » 3 september 2008, 09:06

Well, GHFS practices longsword, some short sword and buckler, some sabre, and medieval wrestling (and even some barenuckle/pugilism I think). Both beginners and more experienced fighters practice together, although in separate groups for practical reasons.

Training for beginners is on tuesdays and thursdays between 18:00-20:00. You can also train on sundays between 12:00-14:00, but no instructors will be available then.

Joining GHFS is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made... A LOT of nice people and a great atmosphere. :)

If you haven't already, check out www.ghfs.se

Btw, there are also other GHFS members and instructors that regularly visit this forum. I am sure they can help you with any questions.
Grimnir

Inläggav NeverMind19591 » 3 september 2008, 17:17

I realy can't afford to pay for every time swordfighting.

Isn't there one single swordfightingclub?
NeverMind19591

Inläggav Grimnir » 4 september 2008, 07:11

NeverMind, I am not sure if I understand quite what you are asking. HEMA is not so big in Scandinavia yet, but GHFS is certainly one of the bigger clubs with its 50 members.

In this region there are two more clubs; one in Kungshamn and one in Floda (actually a chapter of GHFS), but both are very small with only a few members.

If you want to try it out, you can practice for free three times before joining the club. Membership costs 200SEK/term and there is also a training fee of another 200SEK/term.

As a beginner you can borrow all equipment, but it might be a good idea to invest in some kind of sword early on; a kendo shinai with a cross (about 350SEK), a waster (wood or nylon, 400-850SEK) or a blunted steel sword. You don't need any protection as a beginner, since you won't be sparring until you have been approved to move on to the next level. The club also has some gear that can be borrowed.

So, you don't pay single fees per training session, you pay for each term, 400 SEK in total per term. There are also special courses for sword and buckler, sabre and dagger which are arranged within the club, but the main focus is on longsword and Ringen am Schwert(wrestling with a sword).

You really should contact the club if you are interested, and ask any questions you might have. It is a really good club for Historical European Martial Arts.
Grimnir

Återgå till Grupper och personer