[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Historiska världars forum • Visa tråd - Fashion History

Fashion History

This is a forum where any question on the reconstruction of past times can be posed. The forum is mainly directed towards foreign visitors.

Fashion History

Inläggav Jessi » 8 november 2005, 23:07

Hi all,
I wonder if someone can help me to find good information about Fashion history, from 1400 centuries up to now. Specalized into different classes. And information about the Corsets?
I would prefer to find all the info over the internet so if you know some good webside?
I can get the information in both Swedish and English.

Thank you.

Jessi
Jessi

Inläggav Admin » 8 november 2005, 23:26

Hello,

You will find books about fashion history in a library. Please be more specific.

As you read Swedish you should try these topics about corsets:

http://www.historiska.se/histvarld/foru ... PIC_ID=382
http://www.historiska.se/histvarld/foru ... IC_ID=1095
http://www.historiska.se/histvarld/foru ... IC_ID=1708
http://www.historiska.se/histvarld/foru ... IC_ID=2334

/Henrik
Admin

Inläggav Jessi » 9 november 2005, 12:37

I,m looking after different Identity and how fashion constantly have changes over the years from everything from classes, identity etc.. Looking after good example for the "Trickle down theory"
I have seen I few books I,m interested to buy,but Can you give me some good exampels?

Thank you again

Jessi
Jessi

Inläggav Vix Hq » 9 november 2005, 23:02

Christopher Breward discusses changes in fashion, class and identity from the 14th century to the present in "The Culture of Fashion". I seem to recall that he talks about the trickle down theory there as well. It's thoroughly theoretical book, and personally I don't agree with some of his conclusions, but it's still an interesting read.

/Vix.
Vix Hq

Inläggav Eva Andersson » 2 december 2005, 12:48

I am personally very fond of Malcolm Barnard's <i>Fashion as communication</i> as an introduction to many of the theories concerning fashion and society. I don't buy his thoughts about fashion in eeh middle ages, but that really is just half a page and he can be excused because a) it really isn't his research period b) it isn't in any way the scope of the book.

Eva
Eva Andersson

Återgå till English forum