[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Historiska världars forum • Visa tråd - Information on Forklade

Information on Forklade

This is a forum where any question on the reconstruction of past times can be posed. The forum is mainly directed towards foreign visitors.

Information on Forklade

Inläggav Toni » 27 mars 2012, 14:05

Looking for information about the historical accuracy of the apron pictured in this link:

Is there any historic documentation available regarding this piece of clothing? If it was indeed made and worn, and from what region it originates? If so, where might I find it?

Thank you for your time!

Toni
Toni

Inläggav Admin » 28 mars 2012, 08:27

It says in the text that it can be seen in church paintings from the period (14th century), probably in Sweden. Will try to find out more information.

//Henrik
Admin

Inläggav Andrea » 28 mars 2012, 23:14

I've seen an apron like that in a calendar of mine and it took a while for me to track down the picture online.

It's from the "Roman de la Rose", and it is from 14th century France. It isn't more specific than that, but i'll guess it's the early 14th century.
http://romandelarose.org/#read;Sainte-G ... 6.155v.tif
I don't know how to get a direct link, but the apron will be at 115r (or page 238).

I hope I've been a little helpful. :)

---

http://andrea-hakansson.blogspot.com
Andrea

Inläggav Karin » 29 mars 2012, 19:47

That is the only picture I know of a woman wearing that kind of apron. But it is often worn by craftsmen in the 15th century. So I guess that the woman in the picture has borrowed the apron from the same man she has borrowed the smithy from.

Womens aprons in the 14th and 15th centuries were worn from the waist down. Also have a look on this fantastic website http://larsdatter.com/aprons.htm .

Karin
Karin

Inläggav Peter » 5 april 2012, 10:37

That woman is allegorical. She is representing "Nature" if I remember correctly, which might explain why she is using an apron seldom seen on women.
Peter

Inläggav Arild Krake » 5 april 2012, 12:27

Is it a picture of the women ho made the nails fore Crists cross?

Ludvig
www.Ludvigs.nu
Arild Krake

Inläggav Peter » 10 april 2012, 11:47

Nope Ludvig. It is a depiction of Nature itself, in the form of a woman.
Peter

Inläggav Renika » 15 april 2012, 07:16

It´s a pity though. I really would like an apron covering at least a bit of the chest as well. It´s so impractial that they normally don´t.

http://www.renikasanachronisticadventures,blogspot.com
Renika

Återgå till English forum