[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Historiska världars forum • Visa tråd - Mjöllnir pendants

Mjöllnir pendants

This is a forum where any question on the reconstruction of past times can be posed. The forum is mainly directed towards foreign visitors.

Mjöllnir pendants

Inläggav czcibor » 9 januari 2006, 23:06

Hello,
this is my post here, unfortunately I'm unable to speak or understand your language, therefore it can't search this forum for the info i'm looking for. Due to the lack of material on this subject (books) in Poland (that's where i come from) I'm asking You for help. I want to recreate a Mjöllnir pendant, and I'm having problems with finding either pictures/drawings of either original excavations or recreated and sold as jewelery.
So far i found these (above the picture is listed the place it was found):
Hesselbjerg, Denmark
Bild
Vatnsdalur, Iceland
Bild
Herrestad, County of Skåne, Sweden
Bild
Halmstad, Sweden
Bild
Stenby, county of Motala, Sweden
Bild
Fosse, Iceland
Bild
Odeshog, Ostergotlamd, Sweden
Bild
Bornholm
Bild
Kabara, Scania.
Bild
Hiddensee, Germany
Bild
Copenhagen museum
Bild
Vaalse, Dania.
Bild
Muzeum w Smaalandii.
Bild
Bredsatra, Sweden
Bild
Vaalse
Bild
Mickels, När parish
Bild
Gärdslöv, Assartorp, Sweden
Bild
Norfolk
Bild.
So far that's all i found. Little especially that according to the information I found, around 120 mjollnir pendants were excavated.

I'm asking You to help me. Post here, or mail me: czcibor@mjollnir.pl if You can all the drawings/pictures of mjollnir pendants You know. I'm only interested in historical correct mjollnir's, no fantasy.

Maybe You have any idea form where do these come from? Since I found them in many places on the net, except no where was it said where they come from or are they fake.
Bild
Bild
Bild

I will be very thankfull for any help, i'm really depending on it.
Czcibor from Poland.
czcibor

Inläggav Bobbechk » 10 januari 2006, 21:50

When i glance through them i find the last one being somewhat of a fantasy creation...

some i found: Bild
from a grave in Birka
Bobbechk

Inläggav czcibor » 14 januari 2006, 14:35

Thx Bobbechk.
Another question - does anybody know how big is the mjollnir pendant found in Mickels, När parish??
Bild
czcibor

Inläggav Catherine O. Raymond » 14 januari 2006, 22:59

Ragweed Forge, an American site, sells reproductions of some of the hammers you have pictures of here. The URL is: http://www.ragweedforge.com/

This subpage has all of his Thor's hammers:

http://www.ragweedforge.com/ThorsHammer.html

Good luck!
Catherine O. Raymond

Inläggav Edvin » 15 januari 2006, 13:42

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by czcibor</i>

Thx Bobbechk.
Another question - does anybody know how big is the mjollnir pendant found in Mickels, När parish??
Bild
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The hammer is ap. 21 mm wide and 2,4 mm thick. Hope it helps.
Edvin

Inläggav Halvor » 24 januari 2006, 07:53

Hmm...i believe the pendant from Fosse, Iceland is rather a cross than a Thor's hammer.

Halvor
Halvor

Inläggav Endre Fodstad » 8 februari 2006, 11:30

Yep, it is the famous Wolf-cross of Fosse.
Endre Fodstad

Inläggav Halvor » 8 februari 2006, 16:00

Oh, you mean the one all satanists are proudly wearing?

moahahahah!

Halvor
Halvor

Inläggav Endre Fodstad » 8 februari 2006, 16:06

Satanists have proudly been wearing Peter's crosses for years, thanks to modern cinema. That, and of course the fact that they are typically not all that clever and/or well read.
Endre Fodstad

Inläggav Storm » 3 juni 2006, 20:57

about Fosse hammer:
actually it is a thor's hammer, with a cross cut off inside, probably a later addition. Even in the museum in Iceland it is signed as a Thor's hammer.

With best regards,
Storm
Storm

Inläggav rowlandmeredith » 29 maj 2009, 16:51

Hello

The page has now changed from www.nordicarts.com to www.nordicarts.co.uk.

The site will be relaunched later this year at www.nordic-gift.com and will feature existing Viking Jewelry including Thor's Hammer pendant and earrings, plus much more.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by czcibor</i>

Hello,
this is my post here, unfortunately I'm unable to speak or understand your language, therefore it can't search this forum for the info i'm looking for. Due to the lack of material on this subject (books) in Poland (that's where i come from) I'm asking You for help. I want to recreate a Mjöllnir pendant, and I'm having problems with finding either pictures/drawings of either original excavations or recreated and sold as jewelery.
So far i found these (above the picture is listed the place it was found):
Hesselbjerg, Denmark
Bild
Vatnsdalur, Iceland
Bild
Herrestad, County of Skåne, Sweden
Bild
Halmstad, Sweden
Bild
Stenby, county of Motala, Sweden
Bild
Fosse, Iceland
Bild
Odeshog, Ostergotlamd, Sweden
Bild
Bornholm
Bild
Kabara, Scania.
Bild
Hiddensee, Germany
Bild
Copenhagen museum
Bild
Vaalse, Dania.
Bild
Muzeum w Smaalandii.
Bild
Bredsatra, Sweden
Bild
Vaalse
Bild
Mickels, När parish
Bild
Gärdslöv, Assartorp, Sweden
Bild
Norfolk
Bild.
So far that's all i found. Little especially that according to the information I found, around 120 mjollnir pendants were excavated.

I'm asking You to help me. Post here, or mail me: czcibor@mjollnir.pl if You can all the drawings/pictures of mjollnir pendants You know. I'm only interested in historical correct mjollnir's, no fantasy.

Maybe You have any idea form where do these come from? Since I found them in many places on the net, except no where was it said where they come from or are they fake.
Bild
Bild
Bild

I will be very thankfull for any help, i'm really depending on it.
Czcibor from Poland.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
rowlandmeredith

Återgå till English forum